https://nerdia.net/wp-content/uploads/nerdia-logo-340x156.png 0 0 Stefan Helander https://nerdia.net/wp-content/uploads/nerdia-logo-340x156.png Stefan Helander2018-04-27 10:33:582018-04-27 11:01:57How to add GDPR consent checkbox to Joomla! contact form
It is quite simple to add a GDRP consent checkbox to the Joomla! contact form by using the custom fields feature in Joomla 3.
- Go to Components -> Contacts
- Click on Fields in the left hand menu
- Select Mail in the drop down above the fields list
- Click on New to create a new field
- Select Type = Checkboxes, Required = Yes
- Click on the “+” sign at Checkbox Values and enter your consent text in the Text field, like for example “I consent to thesite.xxx collecting and storing my data from this form“ (replacing “thesite.xxx” with your site name and please note). Enter “Consent” in the Value field.
- Click on the Permissions tab and set Edit Custom Field value to Allowed for the user group Public.
- Click Save.
- Now you a required consent checkbox should appear on your contact form.