If you’ve tried the Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation and decide to go on and buy the full version, Microsoft doesn’t support a simple way of just converting or upgrading.
This is how you do it.
You will need:
- An ISO image of Windows 10 Enterprise, download it from Microsoft (link is not provided here because Microsoft has a tendency to change their URL:s and direct links usually ends up broken, so you just have to search for it at Microsoft). Note: It MUST be for the same language code as the one used when you installed the Evaluation.
- A Windows 10 license key.
- Start the upgrade using the ISO image but do not continue
- Start the Registry Editor (i.e. run regedit)
- Search for “CurrentVersion”, i.e:
- In EditionID value data, change EnterpriseEval to Enterprise
- In ProductName value, change Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation to Windows 10 Enterprise
- Immediately continue the upgrade while the Registry Editor is still open (otherwise the changed registry values will revert and you will not be able to upgrade).