After installing the 1903 Windows 10 update, also called may 2019 update, users experience problems when trying to connect a VPN connection.
The problem occurs when clicking Connect on the VPN-connection through the system tray. When the dialog box for user name and password should appear, nothing happens.
Until Microsoft solves this a temporary workaround is to connect through the control panel.
- Click on the Windows start button (the Windows flag in the bottom left corner)
- Click on the cogwheel for Settings
- In the control panel search box, type “VPN” and select “VPN-settings“
- Click on the connection you want to use to display the Connect button
- Click the Connect button and now the dialog box for user name and password will display and you can connect as usual