In Windows 7. 8 or 10 Contacts there is only a possibility to import contacts in CSV format. If you have your contacts in VCF files you need to use Windows Live mail program in order to import them.
First of all, if you have your contacts in many different VCF files it can be convenient to combine them into one single file. That way you can import one file instead of thousands. This post describes how to combine them.
- Download Windows Live mail here.
- Install Windows Live mail on your computer.
- Open Windows Live mail and configure your mail account.
- Click on Contacts and when asked, log in to your Windows Live account (i.e. the same Microsoft account used to log in to your computer running Windows 7, 8 or 10)
- Click Import, select Visit card (.vcf)
- Select your VCF file and import it.