When setting up a site in Joomla 1.5 for multiple languages JoomFish is the tool for you (Joomla 2.5 has native multi language support). But there are some things in Joomla that JoomFish can’t handle, like the slogan for example. This is one way of making a language dependent slogan.
- Create a file called en-GB.tpl_your_template_name_here.ini in language/en-GB (replace "your_template_name_here" with the actual name of your template).
- Insert a line like this in the file you just created:
SLOGAN=Your slogan in english here
- Repeat the above steps for all languages you are supporting in your site, replacing en-GB in the directory and file name with the language codes for each language and the slogan in the corresponding language, for example sv-SE/sv-SE.tpl_your_template_name_here.ini for Swedish.
- Edit your template’s index.php file and find the line that outputs the slogan. It will look something like this:
<?php echo $slogan;?>
<?php echo $this->params->get('siteSlogan'); ?>
- Replace the line with this:
<?php echo JText::_('Slogan'); ?>
This will give you slogans displayed in different languages but to change the slogan, the above ini-files must be edited (the template slogan parameter will no longer have effect).
The same method can be used if you want to have different logos displayed for different languages.