https://media01.nerdia.net/uploads/nerdia-logo-340x156.png 0 0 Stefan Helander https://media01.nerdia.net/uploads/nerdia-logo-340x156.png Stefan Helander2020-11-20 06:27:002021-06-05 06:46:08How to upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation to full version
If you’ve tried the Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation and decide to go on and buy the full version, Microsoft doesn’t support a simple way of just converting or upgrading.
This is how you do it.
You will need:
- An ISO image of Windows 10 Enterprise, download it from Microsoft (link is not provided here because Microsoft has a tendency to change their URL:s and direct links usually ends up broken, so you just have to search for it at Microsoft). Note: It MUST be for the same language code as the one used when you installed the Evaluation.
- A Windows 10 license key.
- Start the upgrade using the ISO image but do not continue
- Start the Registry Editor (i.e. run regedit)
- Search for “CurrentVersion”, i.e:
- In EditionID value data, change EnterpriseEval to Enterprise
- In ProductName value, change Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation to Windows 10 Enterprise
- Immediately continue the upgrade while the Registry Editor is still open (otherwise the changed registry values will revert and you will not be able to upgrade).