When setting up a Joomla site for multilanguage you need to set a default menu item for each language. However, sometimes it is not possible to change a default menu item currently set to language "All". The error message displayed is:
"Warning Save failed with the following error: The Language parameter for this menu item must be set to 'All'. At least one Default menu item must have Language set to All, even if the site is multilingual."
A solution is to do the following:
- Select the menu item by checking the checkbox for it to the left in the menu items list.
- Then scroll down to the batch change item (found under the list of menu items).
- In the drop down list "Select language" you select the language you wish to set the menu item to.
- In the drop down list "Select Menu or parent for Move/Copy", select the menu where item currently is located in.
- Select the Move radio button
- Click Proceed.