Archive for October, 2013

 

[Solved] Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-7105) + Plantronics Voyager Legend bluetooth headset poor audio quality

I recently bought a Plantronics Voyager Legend headset to use with my Samsung Galaxy Note II phone. It worked fine for a day or two, then I started to experience poor sound quality. Especially the person I was talking to had real trouble hearing me. Restarting bluetooth in the Samsung or restarting the Plantronics headset did not help. But restarting the Samsung Galaxy Note II resolved the problem momentarily – after a day or two the problem returned.

Before returning the headset to the dealer I decided to have a look at Plantronics website and found out there are a firmware update procedure availible on their website. To get the update software running on my Windows 8 PC I had to run the installer as administrator. When returning to the update window in the browser (yes, the update procedure is done all in the browser), I found my headset was running firmware version 44 and an update would update it to version 93.

After updating the firmware all quality issues where gone. 

To update the Plantronics headset visit http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/myheadset/updater/

 

Share

Posted by on October 15th, 2013 No Comments

[Solved] Joomla JCE editor displays as plg_editor_jce in global settings

Selection lists in the toolbar might also display things like "advanced.h1" and so on.

The cause of the problem seems to be translation files for the JCE editor of an older version are read only which prevented them from being updated to the newer version. 

Solution: 

  1. Uninstall JCE editor. Go to the menu Extensions -> Extension manager -> Manage. Filter the extensions by entering "JCE" in the filer field. About three lines will be filtered out ("Editor – JCE", "JCE editor" and "Quick Icon – JCE File Browser"). Select all three and click the Uninstall button. 
  2. Using FTP access, go to the language folder and into the folder of each language you have installed in the system, like sv-SE for Swedish for example. Delete the file sv-SE.com_jce.xml in each folder (sv-SE is corresponding to the language folder you are working in so unless you are using Swedish, your filename will not begin with sv-SE but something else).
  3. Now go to the administrator/language folder and into the folder of each language you have installed. Delete all files beginning with sv-SE.com_jce* (and again, unless you are dealing with Swedish, your filename will not begin with sv-SE but something else).
  4. Go to Extensions and reinstall JCE.

In the global settings, you will now find "Editor – JCE" instead of "plg_editor_jce".

 

Share

Posted by on October 1st, 2013 No Comments